Campervan: July updates

So far, the insulation has been done using a close cell spray foam.

It provide a good thermal and acoustic insulation, but is a bit messy to apply and quite expensive. I won’t use it again and go for thermal panels next time.

Rear ladder has been installed and the bike rack and the solar panels are ready to be installed to, unfortunately I had to create (a company is making it) some custom stainless steel parts:

  • t-nuts for the solar panel due the non-standard roof rail.
  • left hand plate for the bike rack, due the installation on the left side.

But we did not resist to spend one night in Wales and test the comfort of the van

 

Today I tested the Navigator, I will write a post (with full instructions and code!) about some changes that I made to solve some problems, meanwhile a some media that show the idea of the final design.

 

The bed is under design, I have been in contact with a company near home to discuss about. Here’s a sketch:

Talacre / Ellesmere